Monday, August 15, 2011

Fantasy Football revisited.....

1,696 active players. 32 teams. 16 weeks of regular season. 4 weeks of preseason. Yes, this is football.

So, if you read my previous blog Fantasy Football and others reason to be annoyed you know how I feel about this season and fantasy football in general.

Before I continue I want to let you know that my first daughter was a scheduled c-section during preseason on Wednesday August 30, 2006. My second daughter was also a scheduled c-section during regular season Wednesday, November 30, 2009. If you know football you know games are not on Wednesday nights. Thank god. I was in the hospital 5 days with both girls. Milford Hospital did not televise night games. Jason stayed home on football nights to watch them.

Anyway, my point is this. We have now been raising our 2 girls during football season for 5 years. 5 years of leaving my husband alone on Sundays. 5 years of Monday night football, Sunday night games, betting accounts and fantasy football. 5 years of running yard stats, passing yard stats, touch downs, interceptions and more. You name it there's a stat on it, and Jason knows it. Unfortunately I usually know them too since he is constantly filling me in on the details. He does this about wiring too - I could care less about either topic.

This year during the season, Jason is renovating our kitchen. This will be the first time in 10 years that he will not be participating in fantasy. WHAT! SERIOUSLY!!! Yes, you heard it here first. I will repeat it for those who know Jason and have either fallen down, are refreshing this page frantically thinking they received it in error, or are reaching for a paper bag to catch their breathe.

HE IS NOT PLAYING FANTASY FOOTBALL THIS YEAR.

Why?

Simply put, he just has too much going on. (those, my friends, are his exact words)

Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled that he isn't doing it. But I have a nagging feeling somehow this will bite me. I have a suspicion in a few weeks when things settle down, this will be turned against me -

I actually feel bad that is he choosing to remain on the sidelines this year. I feel like he will become a kid with his nose pressed against the glass looking in at the party that he wished he was invited to. This is his hobby. Yes it is time consuming. Yes he focuses way to much on it - almost to the point of obsession. But who am I to judge obsessions? I have many.

I just read him a draft of this - I thought I would give him a heads up that I am writing about him. He has a thing about me talking about him to strangers, or really anyone at all about him. His response. "People actually read this dribble?" Yes, they do.

Until tomorrow.....

Audra

P.S. He wanted me to include the fact that I am writing this and he has NOT been fed yet. 




1 comment: