Monday, August 1, 2011

So this is me

Okay so this is me, uncut, exposed, slightly compulsive with definite martyr tendencies....what makes me different from you, you ask? Not much hopefully. Hopefully you will find comfort in reading this, I will feel comfort in writing this and most importantly we will share some giggles along the way.

So how did I get to this point in my life? Wish I knew. What I do know is that I have arrived here, not sure I'm too happy about it and certainly not sure what is next. I'm a venter, a complainer, funny if you like a caustic, crass, certainly dry (maybe a tad bitter) woman. I'm also a wife, a mom to two girls, a Credit Union marketer, a chronic dieter, an avid recycler, an even more avid couponer and....to put it mildly, angry.

If I had to trace back to what went wrong I might initially blame the woman's lib movement - seriously ladies whose idea was this? Did these woman really think that the woman in the future would want to do it all? Could do it all? Really, seriously COME ON! This was not in our benefit! Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a strong woman, a woman who doesn't need a man to do this or that - but in no uncertain way did I sign on for working full time, raising a family, keeping a house clean, a refrigerator full, paying bills, doing laundry and as you all know all to well how long the list is - the list we are expect to do with a smile, without a complaint and without (most times) a thank you.

Now, you might have read this far and you might be saying to yourself - this woman is just going to complain about the same things we all complain about - or maybe you don't complain about these things and either A) enjoy them B) don't enjoy them but just don't say anything or C) are heavily medicated and/or drink LOL. Okay, sorry, I digress. This "blog" if you will is just a snapshot of the daily trials and tribulations we all go through and my take on them, which again I hope you will be able to relate to and hopefully find funny.

Enjoy the ride my friends.......feel free to comment, share etc....

Audra

No comments:

Post a Comment